Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I Can See Clearly Now The Rain Is Gone






Finally, after days and days of rain and chilly temps, the sun has come back out, the weather has warmed up, and I was able to take a break from work and get in a few short walks! 73 degrees and sunny...the warm weather is not gone yet! 




A beautiful summer-like day in Virginia




On my first 15 minute break I walked 1.12 miles and  I walked 1.01 on my second. That brings my grand total of miles for the month of October to 13.61. Cue the subtle sound of failure...WONK, WONK! 
I have a lot of walking to do if I want to get in 100 miles by the end of the month. Can I do it? I'm going to give it my best shot!






I've decided that it's time to join a gym. I'm not really motivated to work out at home like I had been doing a few months ago. If I join a gym, I can hop on a treadmill and walk/run or do a variety of other things regardless of the weather. So my first order of business once I get off work is to go to Crunch Gym and become their newest member. To be honest, I don't like gyms...I'd much rather be out in the fresh air with only myself, my thoughts, and nothing to distract me. But I don't want a repeat of what happened last winter. Gaining 30 pounds is absolutely not an option. And hey, maybe something new like a gym membership is just what I need to help me find my motivation. It's been missing in action lately, in fact, I thought I saw it on the side of a milk carton. This might be exactly what I need to help me get my groove back!

Wish me luck!

Always,

Blaque
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. ~ 3 John 1:2

No comments: