Thursday, October 17, 2013

#ThrowbackThursday






First let me just say, that these photos were taken in July of 2011. It felt every bit of 200 degrees in Newport News Park that day. Travis, my mom and I looked like a bunch of refugees with all that sweat coming off of us and it didn’t help that I was around 240 pounds at the time. All that fat plus scorching heat does not a good photo make. My face looked so bloated and I looked about 10 years older than I do right now. The fact that I was dating someone at the time is proof that there is definitely someone for everyone. I need to make a note to send him a thank you card because I don’t think I could have felt or looked more unattractive than I did in the summer of 2011.  It would be 2 months later when I would have weight loss surgery. My life truly changed forever. I am so incredibly proud of how far I have come.



Yay me! LOL

I am thankful for better health and a happier me! I still have some body image issues to conquer, but that’s a head thing…my body has gotten physically healthier and stronger. For that alone, I am immensely grateful.
 
Here’s to Throwback Thursday and that fact that I am never going back!
 
Always,

Blaque
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. ~ 3 John 1:2

No comments: