Tuesday, February 11, 2014

No More Obsessing!

Happy Light of Day Everyone!

 

I woke up this morning wanting to do a weight check. I knew I had slipped a little this weekend but yesterday I worked out hard and ate right. So I wanted a little head’s up before my official Wednesday weigh-in…big mistake. I’ve gained…a lot!

 

Immediately I felt defeated. I started thinking that I would NEVER reach my goal weight. And really, it’s not like I chowed down on chips or soda or ice cream or chocolate this past weekend. I had a veggie burger on a wheat bun. I had Ritz crackers with chunky peanut butter. And I probably had too many protein bars. But I also had a salad, and fruit, and green veggies, and lots of water. I didn’t work out Sunday, but I worked out Saturday and Monday. Once I saw the number on the scale, I changed the battery thinking something had to have been wrong…but the cold, hard fact is that I have gained weight since last week.

 

But then, something interesting happened. When it was time to take my son to the bus stop I was rushing and forgot my jacket. The bus driver looked at me and said “Your waist is so thin!”. Man, did I need that!

 

I realized that I am going to have fluctuations. And even though I am not eating traditional “junk food” I still need to clean up my diet if I want to get rid of these last 5 to 10 pounds. I keep telling myself that I need to count my calories. 1200 calories sounds like a lot but I’m well aware that those little suckers add up fast. I also need to drink more water. I don’t drink anything else, no soda or juice, but I don’t drink nearly enough water and I know that will help.

 

One thing that I decided however, is that I am not going to obsess over this. People continue to notice my weight loss so obviously I am doing something right. I am going to focus on working out, toning, eating as clean as possible, and only weighing myself once a week. If I do the right things, the weight will come off.  But I can’t allow the process to consume me. I’m going to fight for it, but I won’t fight with it.  I’ve found that the more you struggle with something, the tighter the grip it has on you. I need to be at peace with this process and let my weight loss take care of itself.

 

Whether it’s weight loss, or your relationships, or your job…may you be at peace today!

 

Thanks for reading.

 

Always,

 

Blaque

Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
 ~ 3 John 1:2 ~

No comments: