Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hello February!




February is one of my favorite months. First of all, it's my birthday month. My birthday happens to fall on Random Acts of Kindness Day. I couldn't think of a better combination. Too bad RAC Day is little known to most people...oh well. I guess I won't be on the receiving end on any random act of kindness.

February is also Black History Month so I will be creating Black History Month Monday posts recognizing some of my favorite Black athletes.

Last but not least in February the days begin to get longer and with that comes the promise of Spring.
I can feel myself coming out of my Winter funk already!

Anyway, I was reading an online article earlier. In it, the beautiful Beyoncé revealed to Self Magazine the secrets to her killer curves:

"I keep sit-ups interesting by doing them on the ball. I do a lot of things with little weights—like, I'll put on a song that I really like and I'll do [bicep curls with] 5-pound weights for the duration of the song and just try to burn out. I can do 10 push-ups at a time! I'm actually very proud of that, because I could never, ever, ever do one. And I do a lot of lunges and squats. I try to hold my body weight for a minute on my toes and hands."

Armed with that information, I created my I WANT A BOOTY LIKE BEYONCE WEEKEND WORKOUT. And it goes a little something like this:

 
 
 
I've gone through this routine twice today and I plan on re-starting my Ripped In 30 DVD tonight. I may not ever be as bootylicious as Beyoncé, but I could definitely feel the burn after doing these exercises. So I'm declaring February my personal Lunge & Squat Month. I'm going to focus a lot on my lower body for the next few weeks. Goodbye Thunder-Thighs! *waving*
 
Happy February All!
 
As always, thanks for reading.
 
Blaque
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
 ~ 3 John 1:2 ~

No comments: