Friday, January 31, 2014

Use It or Lose It

I went back to work yesterday after being snowed in for a day. I also took a short break from working out due to cramps and feelings of fatigue. So once back at work, I decided to do the stairs once every hour like I often do when I'm in the office. I couldn't believe how winded I became and how hard it was for me to get up those stairs after being still for a few days. In the athletic world, they call this the Reversibility Principle.

 
 
 
Now, in no way shape or form am I an athlete. But if someone who is physically fit can lose their stamina when they stop working out, it only makes sense that the average person like me can lose whatever amount they have too. But wouldn't you think those freaks of nature football players and body builders could chill for a month and pick right back up where they left off? Oh well...in the words of the 80's group, Soul II Soul: Keep On Moving! 
 

 
That's my mission, to keep moving. Even on rest days, I want to do a short walk or one of my easier workout DVDs. I did the stairs again today, and now that Travis is sleeping soundly, I think I will do some exercises for the next 30 minutes. One of my favorite movies, Eat Pray Love, is on right now. I'm going to workout while watching the rest of it. My hope is that I'll be so engrossed in the movie that I'll forget I'd rather be sleeping than exercising...I hope! LOL
 
Thanks for reading.
 
Always,
 
Blaque
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
~ 3 John 1:2 ~

No comments: