Saturday, January 25, 2014

Finally...The Weekend Is Here!


It has been brutally cold in these parts this week. I'm so glad that it's the weekend because I have no plans on leaving the house! *crosses fingers, 'cause I just never know*

I'm proud to say that I've been really consistent lately. After I fed Travis this morning, he fell back to sleep. So I took the opportunity to get in my first round of workouts.



This is very similar to the workout I've been doing all week except I've added dead lifts and glute push backs and also increased the number of reps. I completed 2 circuits then walked in place for 35 minutes while watching an episode of Being Mary Jane that I DVR'd. Nothing like watching the beautiful Gabrielle Union and her 12 year old girl's body for workout motivation! That's not shade...that woman is gorgeous and I'm so envious!

Anyway, my plan is to repeat the workout tonight before going to bed. I don't want hanging out inside the house all day to ruin my momentum. Once I lose focus, I'm toast. I can't let that happen this early into getting myself back on track.

I want to follow up on my experience with Chia seeds yesterday. I have to be honest, I'm not feeling them...yet. I put them into my shake yesterday morning and the shake was extra thick. The longer it took me to get the shake down, the thicker it became. So yesterday evening when I mixed some soy milk and a scoop of protein powder, I decided to put a little of the seeds in since the protein shake was a thinner consistency. I didn't like the feeling of all the seeds in the shake. And when I went to wash out my shaker, the seeds stuck to the dish rag. I had to meticulously pick them all off one by one. No bueno! And don't even get me started about the extra time it took me to floss with all the seeds hiding between my teeth...

But Chia seeds are good for you so I haven't completely written them off. I'll give them a few more tries and see what happens.

Thanks for reading and enjoy your weekend!

Always,

Blaque
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
 ~ 3 John 1:2 ~

No comments: