Monday, January 27, 2014

Reassess The Mission

 
It’s a fact: The closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it becomes to reach it. Sometimes you have to reassess and develop a different strategy in order to reach your goal. I’m within 5 to 10 pounds of where I should be but I just can’t seem to get there. What I’m doing is NOT working. I did a weight check on Friday and I was 139.8 pounds. I did another one this morning and I was 143...ARRGH!!!
Reassessment time!
According to a weight loss calculator I found online, I need to consume about 1200 calories a day and do “a moderate amount” of exercise in order to lose 1.14 pounds a week.
 
That doesn’t sound like a lot, but any consistent weight loss would be welcomed right now. I’m still focused on toning, but ultimately, I want to reach my goal of 135 pounds. And although I hate counting calories, I’ll TRY to keep track of everything I put in my mouth, including water, until I can shout from the roof tops: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Late night eating is going to be my biggest challenge. Waking up all during the night is definitely one of my triggers. Every time I wake up, I get something to eat. Protein bars, fruit, leftovers from dinner, you name it. After dark, the refrigerator just seems to call my name and I always come running! And it’s never about me being hungry, it’s become a habit at this point. It will be 1:30, maybe 2am and I can never get back to sleep, which is annoying. Usually, there is nothing on TV except entertaining but useless infomercials. So, I pacify myself by eating whatever I can get my hands on...sad, I know. I’m going to need a major game plan to get the middle-of-the-night-monkey off my back. I haven’t the foggiest idea what that game plan will be, but I’ll come up with something I’m sure. *crosses fingers*
On a brighter note, the weather here in Hampton Roads was so nice today. 61 degrees. I took the opportunity to get out of the office and go for a run run/walk on my lunch break.
 
I cannot wait for Spring 2014 so I can get out more often and build up to doing more running and less walking...again. Considering I haven’t done much of either since September/October of last year, I won’t be too hard on myself. It felt good to get out today and like they say, whether it’s a 14 minute mile or a 7 minute mile, it’s still a mile!

Happy Monday everyone!

Thanks for reading.

Always,

Blaque
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
 ~ 3 John 1:2 ~ 

No comments: