Thursday, January 30, 2014

#THROWBACK THURSDAY


 
I'm not sure what year this photo was taken. I'm guessing it was the 2002/2003 time frame. Travis will be 14 years old this year so I know it's at least 10 years old.
 
Back then, I was a new mother. A single mother. A mother of a child with disabilities. A daughter who was newly responsible for her own mother and having to deal with the role reversal that comes with caring for a parent...I didn't have much time for myself. I look at this photo and I just look so old and tired.

But what I like about reflecting on old pictures is that they remind me of why I wanted to change. They are the motivation I need to keep pressing forward on my weight loss journey.



I still have changes to make and areas to improve upon, but my body has gotten physically healthier and stronger and I don't look as tired and sad as I did back then. For that, I am immensely grateful.
 
Here’s to Throwback Thursday and that fact that I am never going back!
 
Always,

Blaque
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. ~ 3 John 1:2

No comments: