Monday, February 3, 2014

Black History Month Monday: Mike Tyson

I love this man! He was an absolute beast in the ring...the most powerful boxer and athlete in the world in my opinion. At only 20 years of age, Mike Tyson became the youngest heavyweight boxing champion of the world. Can you imagine the amount of discipline and training it took to achieve that?

 
Mike on being in the ring
"What did I want to do when I got in the ring? I wanted to destroy the other guy. I wanted to kill them."


Mike on discipline
Discipline, doing what you hate to do but do it like you love it.
  
 
 
 Mike on being a Vegan
"I was real carnivilous [sic] when I was training for fights – a lot of meat, cheese, bread. I devoured everything besides pork. I used to eat a lot. As I got older I didn't like the way I was feeling. I had a lot of arthritis, joint problems and I was morbidly obeast [sic]. My wife who was not my wife at the time, she changes her diet all the time. I says, 'what is this you're doing?' And she says, 'I'm eating vegan for a month or two weeks.' Well, I said that's what I'm going to do too, I want to do that. Cause I was just eating things without even figuring out what they are. And that's how I've been for four and a half years."
 
Happy Black History Month Everyone.
 
Thanks for reading.
 
Always,
 
Blaque
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
 ~ 3 John 1:2 ~

No comments: