Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

 
 
I have to admit, I was really dreading today. I don't know why exactly, but this year for some reason, I didn't want to hear the words VALENTINE'S DAY. But to my surprise, it wasn't too bad. I mean, I've certainly had worse days. I was reminded that I don't have to have romance in my life to have love in my life. I took my mother to breakfast, spent some time with my father and step mom, now I'm lying in bed next to the cutest 13 year old on the planet, watching him sleep and being thankful.  I have love in abundance. Happy Valentine's Day to me!
 
After going way off my diet today, I made sure I made time for the gym. I had planned to run at least 2 miles, but my mind was on trivial matters at the time so I walked it out. 4 miles. Not one of my best workouts, I didn't even break a sweat. But I burned 375 calories. I'll take it. It's better to have walked and lost than never to have walked at all, right?
 

 
 
Now it's time for me to get ready for my big date. Billie Dee Williams circa 1975. My all time favorite movie is Mahogany and I can't think of a more perfect way to end Valentine's Day than to watch it with my favorite blanket and a bowl of fruit. It's the simple things!
 
 
 
I hope your day was a good one. I hope that you made time today to workout and/or do something special for YOU. And if like me, love hasn't found you yet, know that you're still being prepared for it. Anything that's meant to be will come in God's perfect time. Be patient. Be faithful. And while you're waiting for it, work on being the best version of yourself that you can possibly be.
 
Thanks for reading.
 
Always,
 
Blaque
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
 ~ 3 John 1:2 ~ 

No comments: