Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Taking Back My Power

 
I’m going to be all the way honest, for the past several days I’ve blown it. Diet and exercise have been the last things on my mind. Losing weight requires a level of mental toughness but for the past few days I have been an absolute punk! Getting older and the horrors of another Valentine’s Day coupled with major disappointments and harsh realities…it was just too much. I mean, I talked a good game about being positive and having love in my life in all the ways that matter most, but my
subconscious self was doing a number on my diet and exercise routine.
 
It’s all over now. For my own good, I’ve unceremoniously said goodbye to the root of some of my self-sabotaging behaviors. I’ve given this person, or the idea of this person, too much power in my life for too many years. I’m another year older and hopefully a little bit wiser. It’s time for me to take back my power with the same ferocity that  O.J. Simpson had when he took back his sports memorabilia. Hopefully my outcome won’t be as disastrous as his. 
 
For this week and only this week, I am not going to weigh in on Wednesday. I don’t want to give myself any more reasons to spiral out of control. What I will do however is find at least one thing each and every day to inspire me to keep fighting the good fight. Today, I’m starting with the word.


I spent a short time this morning reading some of my favorite bible verses. And tonight, before I go to bed, I am dedicating at least a half hour to reading scripture.  It all starts with Him after all. Job 12:10 tells us that “It is God who directs the lives of his creatures; everyone’s life is in his power.”  Amen to that!


 

I have been feeling a little weaker and a little more lost lately. But I am releasing yesterday and relying on my Lord and Savior and His word to get me through this fragile season. 
 
If you have given up a little or a lot of your power, my prayer is that you find the strength by any means necessary to take that power back.
 
Be encouraged today.

 

 

Thanks for reading.

Always, 

Blaque

Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
 ~ 3 John 1:2 ~  

No comments: