Thursday, February 6, 2014

Throwback Thursday

 
 
This photo was taken in 2010. I've said it before on this blog, and sadly it's true: I much prefer my fuller face. I'm also shedding a few tears this morning because I'd forgotten how much I miss the twins...BIGH SIGH
 

But instead of dwelling on what I miss today, I am going to be POSITIVE and thankful for a slimmer, healthier body.

Lately, I've been on a roll. I've been getting in my exercise consistently. I've decided that I am never leaving home without my walking shoes because I just never know when an opportunity to walk will present itself.



If I get a chance to walk, even for 15 minutes, I take it. All this week before I've gone to work, I've stopped at the local mall and walked for about 30 minutes. Before the mall actually opens, there are quite a few people, mostly seniors, who come in the morning to get their exercise in. It's safe, convenient, and I'm able to take weather out of the equation.

 

Another way I burn a few calories is by climbing the stairs at work. Luckily for me, I work in a five story building. Once about every hour I get up from my desk and walk from the first to the fifth floor, then back down again. 



When I do the stairs consistently, I see a big difference in my legs. Talk about toning!

My goal is to keep moving throughout the day. Then, if I'm able to hit the gym or pop in a workout DVD at home, all the other calories I've burned during the day are a bonus!

So when I look at my throwback picture, I may miss the way I look, but I don't miss the way I felt back then. I could have never made it up five flights of stairs multiple times during the day. And I certainly wasn't running on treadmills.

So here's to Throwback Thursday and to the fact that I'm never going back!


Thanks for reading.

Always,
 
Blaque
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
~ 3 John 1:2 ~

No comments: