Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Biggest Loser Season 15 Finale

I love watching The Biggest Loser.  Watching every day people like myself leave the ranch transformed from the inside out is so inspiring. Last night was the season finale and once again, I was amazed at a lot of the transformations. But I’m sorry, the young lady who ultimately won the grand prize, Rachel Frederickson, looks emaciated and unhealthy.
 
This young woman is only 24 years old and she looks every bit of 40 something. She lost 155 in approximately 4 months. Most of the other competitors who lost a significant amount of weight had a glow about them. They looked vibrant and fit. Rachel quite frankly looks like she starved  herself.
 
Hey, I could use $225,000 as much as the next person, but I’m not going to go on the “All-Air, No-Nutrition” diet. Losing that much weight in that short amount of time is sending the wrong message to a society that’s already weight-obsessed. Hey Rachel: Young girls are watching!!!!
 
It goes without saying that she worked her but off while she was on the ranch. But no one is going to convince me that she didn’t starve those last 20 or so pounds off…I’m just not buying it.
 
However, I do wish her the best and I hope she keeps the weight off…but somehow I doubt she will.  At the very least, I hope she uses some of that $225,000 and go get herself a cheeseburger.
 
Thanks for allowing me to vent!
 
Always,
 
Blaque
Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
~ 3 John 1:2 ~

No comments: