Friday, September 27, 2013

As Goes My Life, So Goes My Diet

Yesterday started off pretty good. I took with me to work some fruit, a home made salad, and some plantains fried in Smart Balance and sprinkled with sea salt and garlic powder. So yummy!
 
 
 
 
 
 


I was drinking lots of water, I took walks on my 15 minute breaks, and I was preparing to go for a run before heading home when I got another call from my mother. As soon as I saw her number pop up on the caller ID, I just knew that no one had shown up to take care of Travis. But I was wrong. The agency sent someone out. It was a woman who was 5 months pregnant and couldn't do any lifting.


Really?


Once again I had to leave work, come home, and take care of Travis myself. Don't get me wrong, I love taking care of my son. But when I need the help of professionals so that I can go to work and earn a living, I expect professionalism. Instead, I'm constantly dealing with a hot mess of a home health agency that hires a bunch of worthless individuals who can't do the job for which they were hired.


Needless to say, I binged yesterday. Big time binged. There was a veggie burger and chips involved and eating it made me feel GOOD! Addiction is a mutha, but don't cry for me. I'll regroup.


Dealing with these Home Health Agencies is stressful. And if you've never had to hire a caregiver for a loved one, consider yourself blessed! Having to watch aid after aid come into my home for the sole purpose of cashing a pay check as opposed to being passionate about their profession is frustrating. It's insulting when they sit there watching TV instead of giving my son their undivided attention. I take it personally when they don't go gaga over him and aren't willing to do whatever it takes to see that his needs are met. I mean really, how could you not fall madly in love with this face?


 


Yesterday I was so stressed, and angry, and insulted, and frustrated. Trying to bottle all of that up only gave more power to my emotions. So, I ate. I'm human, don't judge.


I haven't had a real workout in days. I started the week off strong...like a champion. I'm ending it rather defeated. But the word of the day is REGROUP and regroup I will.















Hopefully I will get another permanent person soon and my life will normalize again. Until then, I will keep praying that my manager doesn't fire me and that I don't go too far off track with my diet and exercise! Regardless of what happens, I won't give up!





Thanks for reading all. I'd love to read any comments you may have about how you regrouped stressful situations.






Have a better than blessed day!


Always,




Blaque

No comments: