Monday, September 23, 2013

Weight Loss Inspiration: Nina Davuluri, Miss America 2014

Just two years ago, Nina Davuluri, Miss America 2014, had just finished school and found that she packed on 50 pounds after four years of study.



She was ready to make a change. Davuluri says that she was “ashamed of myself for allowing myself to get so out of shape. I realized that I needed to make some serious changes if I wanted to get healthy and feel confident about myself.”

Davuluri made changes in the foods she was eating and started taking group fitness classes at her local gym. Before she knew it, she had shed 15 pounds and had planned to stay at that size. But when she made the decision to make a foray back into pageant life (Miss Greater Rochester), she decided to work even harder to shed more pounds to possibly be Miss America. She got on a strict food plan, started working with a trainer named Tia Falcone, and went from 150 to 117 when she was weighed this past June, losing more than 30 pounds in three months.





No comments: