Saturday, September 7, 2013

Level 2 of Ripped In 30...a whole new kinda hell!



Oh, how I wish I could keep calm! Level 2 Day 1 of Ripped in 30 didn't go so well. Clearly Jillian Michaels worships the devil! I mean, only a twisted, sadistic mind would make a person go from strength training to plank jacks right into mountain climbers and then shortly thereafter crow push ups? Really Jillian?
I spent most of Day 1 looking at my TV screen in disbelief and checking to make sure I didn't click on Level 4 by mistake. Thank goodness I got a 2 mile walk in earlier in the day because I truly sucked at Level 2. But like Jillian said during the Level 1 workout "You don't buy a Jillian Michaels video and think it's gonna be easy." So true Jillian, so true. I'm not going to let this level beat me. It may take me more than 5 or 6 days to get it right, but I'm definitely gonna stay the course. Pray for me!

As if I'm not being tortured enough with level 2 of Ripped, I also decided that I am going to once again try to make the transition from vegetarian to vegan.


When I became a vegetarian 11 years ago, I made the decision to stop eating meat and fish and never looked back. For me, it was easy. But this vegan thing...not so much. However, unbeknown to me, I've been consuming sheep and goat cheese every time I have feta on my salads...who knew? That to me, is disgusting. I no longer want any part of dairy of any kind. However, this means an end to ice cream, macaroni and cheese, and pizza as I know it. And it will also require me to read labels closely and educate myself. This is going to be a little difficult, but I think I can do it.




No, I KNOW I can do it! This is a lifestyle choice I really want to commit to. I'm already looking for and experimenting with new recipes. Yesterday I had marinated cucumbers and red onions. They were truly delicious, I could literally eat them every day.

Plant base diets are better for our health, helps with weight loss, is good for the environment, and most importantly to me, takes me out of the animal cruelty equation. So this transition will be worth the effort.

Thanks for reading!

Always,

Blaque






No comments: