Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 1 Of My Eating Clean Challenge

I couldn't think of a better way to kick off my Eating Clean Challenge than with a Green Smoothie. I made this one with spinach, bananas, strawberries and mangos.



I also took some of my favorite "clean" things with me to work. A medley of grapes with blueberries, marinated cucumbers and red onions, and string beans with potatoes.



I sipped on the smoothie for most of the morning. Around 10am I ate the cucumbers and by 10:30 I was freaking starving...or at least I thought I was. I couldn't decide if I was actually hungry or if my brain just WANTED something more substantial. Thankfully I was on a conference call until noon and couldn't surrender to my desire for more food. After I was finished with my call, I had my string beans for lunch. But then, things went a little left...

I received a call from my mother. Neither she nor the nurse that was filling in yesterday could get Travis out of his wheelchair *scratches head* . So I had to leave work to go see what was going wrong. The nurse that was filling in yesterday was completely worthless. I asked if she could get Travis in bed, she didn't think that she could. Travis had a b.m. and she didn't know how to clean him up. Then everytime I checked on them she had her back turned to him and was watching TV. Oh boy...

I ended up eating 3 pieces of Morningstar Farms buffalo wings and some left over string beans. It was definately a stress reaction to the "nurse"...and I use that term loosely...that was sent to care for Travis. 

But I regrouped. Once I made sure Travis was OK, I went to the fountain at beautiful City Center and ran/walked 3 miles. 



I grabbed a salad from Salad Creations on the way home. Man, how I love their Spicy Veggie salad!


I came home, saw that the nurse was still glued to the TV screen, and asked her to leave. I was mentally and physically drained and wasn't going to deal with her NOT taking care of Travis any longer. 

By 7:30 pm, Travis and I were both bathed, fed, and in bed. I took the medicine my doctor gave me for insomnia and was out like a light by 8 o'clock. I really needed a good sleep and I got one. If I took my medicine more often, I wouldn't be up at night snacking because it really knocks me out.

All in all, my first day of eating clean went pretty well. One day down...four more to go!

Thanks for reading and member, your health is a great blessing from God. May you have abundant energy, vitality and well-being all the days of your life! 

Always, 

Blaque

No comments: