Sunday, September 8, 2013

Slacker Alert

 
 
 
 
I started off yesterday with the best of intentions. I mean, seriously, I had a plan. I woke up in the morning and did 30 sit-ups. Then I started getting ready for the 2013 Out Of The Darkness Community walk for suicide awareness that I registered for earlier in the week. My plan was to do the walk, come home and run some errands, then do Level 2 Day 2 of Ripped in 30 after I put Travis to bed. I planned my actions, but I couldn't plan the results...no one from my son's home health agency ever showed up so that I could go to the walk. My family has been affected by suicide so I really wanted to be a part of this event. Plus, it was a chance to get in 3.4 miles of moderate walking.
 
With nothing else to do, I started eating my disappointment. The list of food I ate yesterday is considerate, but healthy. I ate my way into a food coma and slept for the better part of the afternoon.
 
Just when I decided to drag myself out of the bed and salvage some of my day by taking a walk through my apartment complex, my mother decided that she wanted to get out of the house and go for a drive. So that's what we did:
 
We drove....


And drove...
 
 

And drove some more...


We finally got back home just in time for me to feed Travis and get him ready for bed. Then later, I had company come over. The next thing I knew it was midnight and I was sitting in the middle of my living room floor watching re-runs of The Golden Girls while eating brown rice and brussel sprouts. My day was officially in the crapper!

But I won't call it a bad or wasted day. I will call it a high calories/rest day. (Nice spin, huh?)Tomorrow is another opportunity to get it right and I know I have to bring it!



Visit my blog tomorrow to hear all about my comeback!

Thanks for reading.

Always,

Blaque

No comments: