Sunday, September 1, 2013

Inspirational Sunday

A Dieter's Prayer
 

Dear God,
I admit that I have come to both love
and hate the word "diet".
On the one hand, it represents hope for change.
One the other, it's like a sign flashing "Failure Ahead!"
I don't want to embark on another faulty plan, Lord.
I want to embark on a journey with You
that is led by You and depends on Your power.
I can do nothing on my own!
Show me, as only You can,
what works for me, what is healthy for me.
I want to think of this venture in positive terms, Lord -
not that I am signing up to be miserable or in want.
I want to learn to feed my body what it truly needs when
it truly needs it.
And to feed my soul with the Bread of Life - You!
Today I place my future, my failures, my setbacks,
all of my hopes and plans into Your hands.
There alone will I find meaning
and true success in my life.
Amen.
 
 

No comments: