Monday, September 23, 2013

Get Back in the Game

Get Back in the Game

"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you." - Isaiah 60:1 NIV

Are you going through a tough time today? Are you sitting on the sidelines of life? God is saying, “Arise and get back in the game.” If a friend betrayed you, don’t go through life lonely. Go out and find some new friends. The right people are in your future. If you lost your job, don’t sit around complaining. Go out and find another job. When one door closes, God will always open another door. If you’re facing a health issue, fighting that sickness, don’t give up on life and start planning your funeral. Arise from that discouragement!
The above is from an email I received this morning. Sometimes, we are given just the right word at just the right time!

I spent the entire weekend worrying about an illness I don’t even know if I have and trying to cope with feelings of frustration due to my weight loss slowing down, that I didn’t even realize that I’ve mentally checked out. I am not fighting nearly as hard as I should be fighting. It's time for me to arise from my self-inflicted discouragement and get back into the game!

Living in the moment is hard sometimes. It’s much easier to be past obsessed or to fixate on what the future may hold. But I need to focus on the here and now. We all do. The truth is, I have come a long way. I should be ecstatic about the weight that I have lost thus far. I've gone from 240 pounds to somewhere around 143...and for that I am proud! As far as my future...I know that God's got me. Anything that may or may not happen is a part of His plan. All I can do is trust Him!




As I mentioned in a previous blog post, my focus now is on my health; physical, mental and spiritual. Everything else, I will allow to take care of itself. 

The only exercising I did yesterday was a walk with Travis. It took me over 40 minutes to walk 2 miles, but that little boy and his wheelchair are soooo heavy! I literally felt like I was flipping tires in a Strongman Competition or something. But we made it. The weather was perfect for a nice stroll with my favorite guy so I wasn't in a rush anyway!

I've decided that I am going to take a break from Ripped In 30. In no way am I giving up on it, though. I am just holding off for a while because I don't feel as though I'm getting the full benefits of Week 3. The reality is, I can't do the moves just yet. So for the next few weeks I am going to do The 500 Calorie Workout by The Firm. 




I've done this workout a few times before. It is also very challenging, but the moves aren't nearly as difficult. I promised myself that I was going to complete Ripped In 30, and I plan on keeping that promise. I just have to get to a place where I can give 100% to all the moves. I can't expect to get "ripped" if my form is off and I'm only completing half of the repititions. In life, sometimes we have to adjust...

So while doing The 500 Calorie Workout, I will do a weigh-in each Sunday to see how I am progressing. Again, health is my main focus, but I would still like to reach my goal of 135 pounds...but no pressure!

Wish me luck!

God bless,

Blaque

No comments: