Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I Quit!

Last night while doing Level 2 Day 4 of Ripped In 30, I totally checked out.

I felt as though I had been having awesome workouts over the last few days so before I started day 4 of Ripped. I decided to step on the scale to see how much weight I had lost. BIG MISTAKE! I thought, surely I must have dropped 2 to 3 pounds. Heck, a few hours earlier I was outside run/walking 2.19 miles through my apartment complex. The day before I did over 3 miles on my lunch break. I stopped at the local mall on my way to work yesterday and walked for 30 minutes while all the stores were still closed. I even climbed 5 flights of stairs at my job several times just to get away from my desk and get a few extra steps in. And I hadn't eaten anything that would be considered "off my diet". So imagine my surprise when I got on the scale and discovered that I had gained a pound. I couldn't believe it. I gained a freakin pound!

You have to give me credit for trying though. I started the workout anyway because I wanted to press on. But my head wasn't in it.








I couldn't get the number I saw on the scale out of my mind. 145...unbelievable!

So I did what any self-respecting compulsive eater would do. I stopped working out, made myself a big bowl of homemade pico de gallo, and threw myself a pity party.


If I'm going to gain a pound, I'm going to gain it for a reason. And hey, at least it wasn't ice cream and cake, right? Mine was the healthiest pity party in the history of pity parties.

I am going to try to reconcile these feelings of frustration, disappointment and defeat and get back on track tomorrow. Coincidentally, the first time I attempted this DVD, I became unglued on Level 2 and never even made it to Level 3. I really don't want that to happen again.

Any words of encouragement, motivation, or maybe just a swift kick in the derriere would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Always,

Blaque

No comments: