Monday, September 9, 2013

Women Food and God

Have you ever read a novel and felt like the author wrote it specifically for you? That’s how I felt when I started reading Women Food and God by Geneen Roth. 


This book is brilliantly written. I’m only on chapter 4 but I’ve had so many “That’s me!” moments. It’s like she’s in my head. 

When she wrote about prayer my first thought was that, "I've felt like this so many times!." She wrote, "When my prayers weren't answered, I felt ashamed for believing I could be saved; I decided that God saw something in my cells that was unredeemable - and that I was on my own"

She goes on to say, "Women turn to food when they are not hungry because they are hungry for something they can't name: a connection to what is beyond the concerns of daily life."

YES! 

This author appears to get to the root of compulsive eating. She seems to have a very good understand of why women like myself over eat instead of dealing with what's really troubling them. Like I said, I only got made it to chapter 4 before I sleep started taking over. I can't wait to get home and read more.

I was so busy with housework yesterday that I did a lot of snacking throughout the day. I made a pineapple, banana, strawberry, spinach and kale smoothie...scrumdiddlyumptious!!! I had part of the smoothie for breakfast then had more later in the day. I ate some marinated cucumbers for a snack. And around mid day I had brown rice and collard greens.

The only exercise was Level 2 Day 2 of Ripped In 30. Surprisingly, it wasn't quite as painful as Day 1. I still couldn't do an many of the plank jacks and mountain clumbers as the ladies on the video. But I did more than I did before and I guess that's all I can ask of myself. 

Overall, I was pleased with how my day went. I got in some exercise I food was healthy and controlled. Oh, I did have one oatmeal and raisen cookie. It was only 90 calories and I was proud of myself for eating just that one.

Looking forward to kicking it up next week with my workouts. I'm so close to my goal wieght I don't know what to do!


Here I come you elusive number, you!


Thanks for reading all!

Grace and peace,

Blaque














No comments: