Sunday, September 1, 2013

Rest and Recovery



For some reason, my left shoulder is still very sore. I heard popping on that side as I was doing the first two days of R.I.30. One would think that having to lift a 90 pound child in and out of bed, in and out of his wheelchair, and in and out of the bathtub every day would give me more upper body strength.  But I guess my upper body didn't get the memo. In any event, I decided to rub my shoulder with Ben-Gay and take a break from Ripped. I still managed to squeeze in a little activity however.

I did 25 sit-ups as soon as I got out of bed, 25 when Travis took a nap, and then 25 more after he went to bed. After dinner, I took a short 1.34 mile walk. Also, when I went to Target, I did what so many weight loss experts say to do. I parked as far away as I could in order to get in some extra steps.


The distance from the parking lot, through the store for 2 items, and back to my vehicle was .38 miles. That doesn't sound like a lot, but if done a few times a week it can start to add up. And hey, every little bit helps, right? I probably wouldn't do this every time I run an errand, but if I don't have my family with me and I'm wearing sensible shoes, there is no reason why I can't make this part of my routine. I've decided that every thing I do from this point on is either going to help me lose weight or cause me to gain. And I am determined to do whatever it takes to lose this weight once and for all.

My diet today wasn't too bad. Throughout the course of the day I had a protein shake, 1 pineapple spear, 1 slice of mango, 1 bowl of spaghetti, 1 apple and a bowl of grapes. Then when I woke up to change Travis' briefs I had a banana the first time and another pineapple spear the next. Like I said, not too bad.

Now, I have to get myself mentally prepared for Day 3 of Ripped in 30. Anytime I stop something, it's so hard to get started again. But I CAN. I WILL. I MUST!

Tell me, how often do you take rest and recovery days?


Blaque

No comments: