Thursday, September 26, 2013

I Should Have Never Gotten Out Of Bed!

Yesterday was just one of those days. Let's take it from the top, shall we?



6:30 am
When I took Travis to his school bus, his bus driver looked at me and said “Good morning Skinny Minnie!”…I literally had to stop myself from screaming! "Breathe!" I told myself. I realize that she was only trying to be nice and perhaps give me a compliment...but I AM NOT SKINNY! Actually, I got on the scale yesterday and found that I have gained weight. This fluctuating body of mine...SMH. I would much rather a person tell me that I am doing a good job or ask me what my fitness regimen is...anything except make specific and nonsensical comments about my body. I've written it before and I will write it again; words like "skinny" and "wasting away to nothing" annoy me. They feel invasive and also feel like smoke being blown up my ass! I'm not skinny! I never will be and I don't want to be. Yes, I've lost weight, a lot of it. But people need to stop being ridiculous with their non-compliments! Think before you speak, geesh!

 
11:30 am
I tried to do a run during my lunch break...emphasis on the word "tried". Eight minutes into it I felt my armband slipping so I attempted to tighten it. Well, instead, I ripped it and my cell phone fell to the ground. Now, my armband is unusable, my cell phone is cracked, and I was absolutely disgusted!I turned around and walked back to my job, kicking rocks the entire way! Aargh!!!
 
3:00 pm
From 2pm to 3pm I had a meeting in another building on campus. When I returned to my desk I saw that I had 9 missed calls and a ton of voice mails...never a good sign. The very first voice mail was a frantic message from my mother...no one showed up to get Travis off the school bus. What a surprise...no nurse...AGAIN! I was livid! So I ran to my car like a wild banshee because my 78 year old mother can't do anything with my 90 pound child. Not lift him out of his wheelchair, not take off his school clothes, not change his diaper...NOTHING. Thank goodness I didn't get pulled over by the police. I was doing every bit of 65 in a 45 the entire way home. If this keeps up, I am going to have to change Home Health Agencies, not that the next will be any better. These young ladies that are hired as personal care aids clearly do not want to work. Seriously, I need to write my Congressman. Caring for the elderly and disabled is one of the most important jobs a person can have. Paying some kid with no college degree minimum wage to come into a person's home unsupervised is a recipe for disaster. Trust me, I know. The stories I could tell...
 
In other news...my second day without any processed food went OK for most of the day. I brought with me to work: a pear, bananas, the grapes I didn't eat the day before, black beans with corn, jalapeno and rocotillo chile peppers (talk about yummy), and a salad I picked up from Trader Joe's. I had every intention of doing the right thing.


I polished off the black beans and corn before 9am. Weird breakfast choice, huh? I couldn't help it though. It smelled so good and tasted even better. I sauteed the peppers in a little olive oil. Then I added one can of black beans and one can of corn. I sprinkled a little south western seasoning over it and also added a spoonful of Smart Balance. It was absolutely delicious.

I snacked on a few grapes and blueberries then had the salad before going out for my ill fated run.

All bets were off however once the craziness started to ensue. After I got home, I got Travis settled then called the agency to find out what the heck was going on. Bottom line: they are sending out yet another aid tomorrow! At that point, I was on the highest level of pisstivity...off the charts pissed actually. So I did something that I now regret...I ordered a pizza. That's right, a non-vegan, uber fattening pizza! I really should not have done that! Lucky for me a friend stopped by and I was able to unload half off it on him.

Tomorrow, as I always say is another day. If God says so, I'll have another chance to do better!

I hope your day went better than mine. Tell me about it. Good, bad or ugly, I'm all ears...well, eyes!

Always,

Blaque

No comments: